When it comes to the best scooters, most owners will never fail to mention Mongoose. Mongoose makes pro scooters, regular kick scooters, and even electric scooters that satisfy most thrill-seekers. Since the mid-80s, Mongoose has been making a legacy up until today with its impressive scooters. With its service and speed, Mongoose is the leader in the scooter industry.
Initially meant for kids, Mongoose scooter has many adults expressed their love for the said scooter. With Mongoose’s care for details, you can be sure that your kids can ride the scooter safely.
- The Best Mongoose Pro Scooters Are…
- Dirt Scooters
- Big Wheel Scooters
- Electric Scooters
- Benefits of Riding a Scooter
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
The Best Mongoose Pro Scooters Are…
Mongoose Rise 100 Pro Scooter
If you’re looking for a scooter that provides the perfect combination of durability and comfort, then this Mongoose Freestyle Kick is the right choice for you. With its quadruple anodized clamp collar, steering will be easier for you. This scooter is perfect for those who are into skateboarding and can support up to 220 pounds.
- Lightweight alloy deck with extended standing area and front and rear alloy pegs for pro-style park performance.
- Full-coverage MaxGrip on the alloy deck and steel brake. 100 mm high impact alloy wheels And durable abec-7 bearings to provide smooth non-slip riding.
Why We Love It
This Mongoose Rise Freestyle Kick Scooter has a full-coverage max grip that provides its rider a smooth non-slip riding experience. Also, it is made of a heavy-duty frame that is perfect for kids and adults. Perfect for pro-style park performance, this is one of the best mongoose scooters out there.
- It has a lightweight alloy deck with an extended-standing area
- Included are 100 mm high impact alloy wheels
- The handlebar is a steel t-bar with bike-style grips
- ABEC-7 bearings to avoid slip
Mongoose Rise 110 Expert Pro Scooter
The Rise 110 Expert provides riders excellent performance at an affordable price. The 110 Expert is a mid-level choice for thrill-seekers. Loaded with great features, skate-park goers will undoubtedly take a second look at your scooter.
On top of that, it is combined with ABEC-9 bearings that provide a non-slip ride. The Rise 100 Pro and Rise 110 Expert difference is the latter has a triple anodized CNC clamp collar while the former has a quadruple anodized collar.
- Lightweight alloy deck with extended standing area for pro-style scooter performance.
- Full-coverage MaxGrip on the alloy deck and brake combine with 110 millimeter high impact alloy wheels And durable ABEC-9 bearings to provide smooth non-slip riding.
Why We Love It
The Rise 110 extended standing area is excellent for pro-style scooter performance. It can support riders ranging from kids eight years old and above to adults. Also, its CNC alloy fork provides crisp steering, so it’s safe to ride. The handle grips of Rise 110 are perfect for those who are looking for comfort and durability.
- The Rise 110 Expert has a lightweight alloy deck
- Full-coverage MaxGrip on the alloy deck and brake
- Its wheels are made up of alloy 110 millimeter high combined with ABEC-9 bearings
- Its steel T-bar consists of one piece 603 millimeters welded steel
Mongoose Trace Youth Scooter: Trace Air
With its BMX-style handlebars, beginners can easily ride this dirt scooter. It is perfect for strolling around the neighborhood, and its adjustable height is ideal for adults. The Trace Airframe is durable and has a brake cable rotor for 360-degree bar spins.
- Mongoose Trace Air Scooter fits one rider ages 8 and up, with a maximum weight of 220 lbs. Perfect for rad rides around the neighborhood
- Wide foot deck provides balance and stability while coasting
Why We Love It
Its foot deck is wide enough to provide balance and stability while strolling. Also, this scooter is the right choice for beginners because of its tires. The tires are 12-inch air-filled that gives off a smooth ride even on unpaved surfaces.
- Adjustable height stem
- Its brake style is front braking
- Supports rider ages eight and up
- Its frame can support 220 pounds max
- Caliper hand brake to control speed easily
Mongoose Expo Youth Scooter
Easily one of the most recommended off-road scooters, Expo Youth Scooter has all kinds of features to look for a scooter. With its speed, high-end performance, flexibility, and quality, you’ll indeed have lots of fun riding this scooter. The Expo Youth Scooter provides riders a fun riding experience because of its stability.
- Rides over bumps on paved and non paved surfaces, 12 inch air filled bike style tires, Riding around the neighborhood or urban mushing
- BMX bike style handle bars and hand brakes are easy to stop and build confidences, Also freestyle handlebar rotor and axle pegs
Why We Love It
Wherever you ride the scooter on, may it be a smooth or rugged surface, it will give you the right balance. Its brake also offers the perfect control on the speed, so it’s safe for beginners. Its heavy-duty frame is durable, so it’s ideal for extreme riding performance.
- 12-inch air-filled tires
- Easy to press hand brakes
- Steel Traction, Coated Foot deck, is expansive enough for easy balancing
- The handlebar can be adjusted up to 3 inches
- Includes two-axle pegs
Big Wheel Scooters
Mongoose Trace Youth/Adult Kick Scooter: Trace 180
This Trace 180 is a folding scooter that features a full-coverage MaxGrip for a non-slip ride along with its prominent wheels. It is perfect for honing your scooter skills because of its quality. Its steel brake provides riders a secure and stable ride, so kids can also enjoy riding this bike.
Its hand grips come with soft foams that give comfortable handling. If you’re looking for a high-end performing scooter at a fantastic price, then this scooter is the right choice for you.
- Easy folding kick scooter for compact storage and transport
- Full coverage Max Grip on the deck and brake for non slip contact
Why We Love It
Its design consists of a higher platform, so riders don’t bottom out on the street curbs. Also, its braking system is robust, so riders can easily control the scooter. On top of that, its large wheels provide a smooth ride and do not get stuck on uneven pavements and road cracks.
- It’s easy to fold thus perfect for compact storage and transport
- Includes a kickstand to park your scooter that also protects grips and frame from any damage
- Adjustable height ideal for a wide range of riders
- It has 180 millimeters wheels with a fender combined with ABEC 7 bearings for a smoother ride
Mongoose React Electric Scooter
This electric scooter from Mongoose is low-maintenance yet tops out 15 miles per hour. It can also travel up to 6 miles with just a single charge. To get up to speed, riders kick start the scooter and push the button to accelerate. The React Electric Scooter is durable with its 145 urethane wheels that provide riders a comfortable and stable ride. It is the perfect scooter not just for pros but also for beginners.
- Motor and Throttle: To start motor, Kick Start the scooter and use the hand lever throttle to accelerate, a high-power hub drive motor tops out at 15.5 MPH
- Rider Profile: Fun ride, torque-heavy scooter is perfect for older kids/adults to ride around town, designed for ages 13 and up, maximum weight limit of 176 pounds
Why We Love It
The frame of this scooter is lightweight, which makes it easy to transport and store. Also, its rear foot brake makes the scooter easy to stop. The kids will surely love cruising any sidewalk with this scooter.
- Designed for ages eight and up and has a maximum weight limit of 120 pounds
- Its battery is powered by a lead-acid battery which is long-lasting
- Its wheels are made up of 145 mm urethane wheels supporting smooth and stable rides
- Its kickstand can be used as a kick scooter for resistance-free riding in case the battery runs out
Benefits of Riding a Scooter
Riding a scooter regularly is beneficial. Scooters are ideal when you want to stroll around without driving or walking on foot. It also helps you in saving money on gas.
Using scooters is convenient and portable, mainly for fun and transportation. It is an ideal device not only for adults but also for kids. Below are some benefits of riding a scooter.
Develop Body Balance
Riding a scooter helps the body improve its balance since it is essential when riding. Also, developing proper balance leads to a more controlled movement. You’ll be able to regulate your ride experience even on uneven surfaces.
More than the fulfillment of buying a new scooter and performing stunts, riding a scooter improves body balance more than any other activity.
Compared to walking, riding a scooter is quicker. A scooter can cover up to 20 miles in an hour, ideal for strolling around the neighborhood or even around campus. In comparison, walking covers only three to five miles an hour. Riding a scooter saves your time and decreases the chance of being late to school or in a meeting.
Easily Carry Goods
If you need to carry heavy loads like supplies or textbooks, using a scooter helps make the task easier. Not only will it save time, but it will also help lessen the weight of the load by putting it on the scooter board. You can easily carry goods more effortlessly, like groceries or getting some books from the library.
In comparison with other vehicles, using a scooter is safer because it has a constant acceleration. However, employing safety gear is still a must, especially for kids. Use helmets, knee pads, and other safety equipment when operating your scooter.
Considered An Exercise
Using a scooter is not only a leisure activity but also provides a fun way to exercise. It helps the rider burn fat by constantly moving around and standing on the board of the scooter. If used continuously, the rider can achieve weight loss, proper body balance, improve posture, and many more. Utilizing a scooter can even help the rider get in a healthy shape.
Save on Gas
Using a scooter instead of driving a car can save you extra money on gas. To summarize, scooters can be an alternative way to travel rather than using cars. It serves as an option if your vehicle is unavailable or in the repair shop; you can still quickly go to work or a grocery store. The best thing about using a scooter instead of a car is that not only do you save money, you also get to exercise.
Spend Time with Family and Friends
With different kinds of scooters, even kids can enjoy riding them. This means that the whole family can stroll around while using the scooter at the same time. Don’t forget to wear safety gear before riding, and it can be a regular family activity. Riding on a scooter can also improve bonding with the family. Teach your kids how to ride a scooter, and it will become a fun core memory.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the frequently asked questions about Mongoose scooters:
Can an adult use a child’s scooter?
Adults can use a child’s scooter depending on the weight limit of the scooter. For most Mongoose Scooters, their maximum weight limit is 200 lbs. However, some of their scooters have higher weight limits. When choosing a scooter for an adult, the handlebar must come up to waist height.
Lower than the waist handlebars may cause the rider to hunch over, and the ride will become uncomfortable. If the scooter is specially designed for kids, an adult using it may cause the scooter to be worn out faster because of the heavier weight.
Are electric scooters reliable?
Mongoose electric scooters are reliable. Mongoose has been leading the scooter market. Also, the technology of electric scooters has advanced. Its quality, power, and battery have increased, and you can even use them for a long time with just one charging.
Do Kick Scooters Have Brakes?
Yes, kick scooters have brakes. There are various brakes for kick scooters; rear foot brakes, v-brake, or disc brakes. The ideal brake for kids is a foot brake that slows down the scooter by pressing the rear wheel’s foot. The V brake is like a brake for bicycles and is recommended for scooters used for commuting. For pro-scooter riders, a disc brake is ideal. It is the most powerful brake for scooters.
Are scooters suitable for commuting?
Scooters are an excellent device for commuting. It is much faster than walking, and you can save money on gas. Also, it can be a fun way to travel, and some scooters are foldable for easy storage and can be taken onto public transportations.
On top of that, commuting using a scooter allows you to avoid traffic jams. Scooters are considered an ideal last-mile solution because if you cut out time in commuting.
Which Scooter Is Suitable For Off-Road?
The best scooter for off-road is a dirt scooter or all-terrain scooter. It has big wheels and has a heavy-duty frame that can handle any terrain. Any shake and rattle can easily be controlled by dirt scooters.
Mongoose scooters have excellent handling and control. That’s why it is one of the best scooters around. On top of that, it has better braking and handles uneven surfaces than most other scooters. With their incredible features and fine details, Mongoose scooters are highly recommended. It is easy, safe, and comfortable to ride, so make sure to get one now.