Are you planning on learning what it takes to be a skilled skateboarder? If you want your feet in the air doing some twists, you’ll be needing a sturdy board. Luckily, Amazon sports some great finds, and one of those is the Metroller Skateboard. The Metroller skateboard is a complete and standard skateboard for girls and boys and kids to adults. You can get them at Amazon, but metrollers are also up for grabs on Walmart and Disney’s affiliate stores. You can get the complete board starting at $37.99.
Why Choose Metroller Skateboards?
With all of the available skateboard brand options deciding can be a difficult at times. Below are a few of the most important specifications and parts to consider, take a look at what researched and see how the Metroller Skateboards compare to other brands like WhiteFang, Minority and Arcade.
Metroller boards feature 54mm 95A high rebound Polyurethane material wheels. That means harder wheels that are great for skate parks or skating in the streets. You can even use it on ledges, gaps, and manual pads.
That being said, having these hard wheels should move faster and better on smooth surfaces only. You can always get an extra pair of softer wheels when needing a slower but stronger grip for your tricks.
The manufacturers claim it is a sturdy and solid board made with 7-ply Canadian maple wood. Although some boards boast having a 9-ply sturdy board, seven layers are beneficial. It means the board will be lighter and more flexible.
Nonetheless, it is best not to try Ollies on them because it may break the deck. Beginners and practice tricks are their best friends.
Many also appreciate its printed design. No noticeable cracks or cheap paint are falling off. The graphics at the backside are good enough and great for wall-display if you’re a collector.
Lastly, the manufacturer for Metrollers installs fairly decent bearings on the board. It is an ABEC-9 matching the PU bushings, nothing too fancy but gives you a smooth ride. It’s sturdy enough to reduce friction while bearing the weight of a 5-year old child to a full-grown adult.
Do take note that if the nuts are too tight, the wheels will not spin as much. Though it may seem like a protective measure for kids using the board, you can always loosen it. Tighten it down enough to decrease any side-to-side movement. Keep it loose sufficient for better wheelspin.
Deck Graphics & Colors
As previously mentioned, the wheels’ riding experience will mean moving faster, especially on smooth surfaces. From customer reviews, many love its smooth and fast ride. The grip tape is sticky enough to help keep your feet on the deck.
Other than that, it is relatively easy to maneuver from side to side. Users and kids especially will enjoy the wheels lighting up as they move. Just remember that it won’t be as ideal on rough surfaces since softer wheels are better for that.
For an overview, here are the pros and cons of Metrollers Skateboard.
- A great deal at $37.99 for kids & beginners
- 7-ply maple wood makes it lighter to carry around.
- Hard wheels for faster movement on smooth surfaces
- Cool printed graphics underneath
- It comes with handy tools & a bag
- May not be able to handle professional tricks & ollies
- The nuts in the bearings may be too tight
- Not recommended for rough surfaces unless you replace the wheels
- Sturdy & Solid: 31 in x 8 in complete skateboard, 7 layers Canadian maple wood deck match with 5 inch reinforced aluminum alloy trucks provide you solid and reliable support. Maximum carrying weight of the skateboard is up to 220 pounds.
- Smooth Ride: Equipped anti-shock 54mm 95A High Rebound PU car line wheels and carbon steel high-speed mute ABEC-9 bearings matching with PU bushings, smooth and wear-resistant, provide stable & powerful grip during skating. Suitable for all smooth surface even some rough ground. Just enjoy a wonderful skate experience.
Why Buy a Metrollers skateboard? Pretty simple, what you pay for is what you get. The board is decent and works well for those who are just starting to learn the basics. Its ratings on Amazon may not be perfect, but it delivers what it claims to be: a sturdy, smooth-rolling skateboard.
For kids and those who aren’t completely serious at skateboarding, this is an excellent option on the list of beginner boards to try out.